About: Tori

Well, I have officially done it! Can I call myself a blogger now? Here I am ready to add my thoughts and opinions on the internet, which I am sure is something the internet needs more of. Before all of that though, I would like to introduce myself. Hello, my name is Tori and I am currently a sophomore and an undecided major. One of my main goals in taking this class is to help me determine if business is a major I would like to pursue. I feel that taking this course will allow me to get a more hands on experience in the marketing and business world and also further improve my marketing skills! Currently, I have two years of marketing experience as a social media manager and content creator for my college's music program, but hope to further expand that portfolio in the future.
For someone who considers themselves an artistic person, business may not seem like the major to pursue. However, I have noticed in marketing a lot of creativity is needed. Design and artistry are used all the time in marketing, and when pairing that with strategy, innovation, and research, marketing has become very interesting to me. I am excited to grow my understanding in not only the artistic side of marketing but also the analytical. 


Outside of college, some of my passions include videography, photography and almost all things artistic. I am currently a member of my college's chamber choir, but I have also learned trumpet for six years, done multiple different dance styles, and also love to paint. Currently though, I love the process of shooting and creating a story through a camera and all of the other aspects that come with it. Especially in today's day and age, I have found both to be very impactful in reaching audiences across the world. Coincidentally, I was actually able to work for my current marketing job because I posted the videos I had created online! Below is a photo I really love! I took this during December when my family and I traveled to the Red Woods.




Comments